Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Greg Georges <gr...@biztree.com> on 2011/06/01 20:22:43 UTC

Limit data stored from fmap.content with Solr cell

Hello everyone,

I have just gotten extracting information from files with Solr Cell. Some of the files we are indexing are large, and have much content. I would like to limit the amount of data I index to a specified limit of characters (example 300 chars) which I will use as a document preview. Is this possible to set as a parameter with the fmap.content param, of must I index it all and then do a copyfield but just with a specified number of characters? Thanks in advance

Greg

Re: Limit data stored from fmap.content with Solr cell

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
If you can live with an across-the-board limit, you can set maxFieldLength
in your solrconfig.xml file. Note that this is in terms rather than
chars though...

Best
Erick