Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/04/15 22:39:53 UTC

Re: svn commit: r528976 - in /geronimo/devtools/maven-plugins/trunk: maven-eclipse-plugin/ maven-geronimodevtools-plugin/

Yikes dude... having another maven-eclipse-plugin, or (eclipse-maven-
plugin for that matter) is going to cause problems when one executes
`mvn eclipse:<goal>` in a project that has these configured.

And actually... why is this needed?

--jason

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Here is some more info on maven & the eclipse team working to better
support eclipse plugin builds.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Barriers+to+Building+Eclipse
+with+Maven

-sachin

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I can rename it again. :) How about maven-eclipsepde-plugin?

The pde-maven-plugin basically wraps the Eclipse-PDE-Builder.  So
using it would be essentially unmavenizing it, and would require ant
scripts to configure the eclipse pde builder, and then eclipse itself
would be building the plugins and features, not maven.  Using it
would be a regression in my mind and a huge step back from even what
Maven currently has and is working to provide.

-sachin

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.