Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Zabini <an...@actimage.com> on 2014/04/29 17:48:46 UTC

classNotFoundException for a plugin

Hi,

I encounter a problem with a plugin.
I have follow every instruction found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample
The plugin build fine and I can get the jar of the new plugin in
build/plugins/myPlugin.

But yet it still does not work and I got a Job failed! everytime I launch
it.
And the cause is it does not found the class of my plugin.

Here is the interesting part of my plugin.xml
   <extension id="org.apache.nutch.urlfilter.idUrlFilter"
       name="Filter by the id of the url"
       point="org.apache.nutch.net.URLFilter">
     <implementation id="IdUrlFilter"
         class="org.apache.nutch.urlfilter.idUrlFilter.IdUrlFilter"/>
   </extension>

 What am I doing wrong?

Zabini

Re: classNotFoundException for a plugin

Posted by Zabini <an...@actimage.com>.
Thanks for the answer.
What I did is found a similar plugin configuration and done a search/replace
and it worked.
So I must have done something wrong in those file.

Best Regards,

Posted by feng lu <am...@gmail.com>.
which mode do you run nutch? local or distribued.

you can run "bin/nutch plugin ... " command to test your plugin. And don't
forget put your plugin id into "plugin.includes" property in nutch-site.xml
file.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Zabini <an...@actimage.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I encounter a problem with a plugin.
> I have follow every instruction found here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample
> The plugin build fine and I can get the jar of the new plugin in
> build/plugins/myPlugin.
>
> But yet it still does not work and I got a Job failed! everytime I launch
> it.
> And the cause is it does not found the class of my plugin.
>
> Here is the interesting part of my plugin.xml
>    <extension id="org.apache.nutch.urlfilter.idUrlFilter"
>        name="Filter by the id of the url"
>        point="org.apache.nutch.net.URLFilter">
>      <implementation id="IdUrlFilter"
>          class="org.apache.nutch.urlfilter.idUrlFilter.IdUrlFilter"/>
>    </extension>
>
>  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Zabini

Don't Grow Old, Grow Up... :-)