Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com> on 2011/03/22 10:00:46 UTC

it does't use the parameter about hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries

I want to improve the writing performance through adjusting hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries.
But it seems no changing.
In version 0.90.1, why does remove this parameter from file hbase-default.xml?

Re: it does't use the parameter about hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Its removed because its not used any more.  The way we do sync'ing
into HDFS changed in 0.90.

See the src: http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/HLog.html#860
 See where we figure if we are to call sync or not (If deferred, syncs
will happen in background thread).  You want to set
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HTableDescriptor.html#setDeferredLogFlush(boolean)
(Javadoc is a bit garbled here -- see above for what it does).

St.Ack