Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Fussenegger <st...@molindo.at> on 2010/06/24 12:52:25 UTC

Re: wicketstuff-merged-resources 3.1 parent class scanning?

Hi Ryan,

I'm the maintainer of wicketstuff-merged-resources. Sorry, I don't watch
the mailing list as closely as I probably should.

I've just reverted your changes as the project wasn't able to build. The
required org.wicketstuff:annotations:1.4.7-SNAPSHOT isn't available from
a public repository - at least none I know of. Additionally, there are
some other problems:

- I'm not happy with a change in dependencies. Could you explain why you
went for org.wicketstuff:annotations rather than
org.wicketstuff:wicketstuff-annotations? Is this the official replacement?

- Your implementation of ResourceMount.enableAnnotations(...) is broken.
It won't work as soon as you need a second ContributionScanner for a
different package.

- Try to keep binary compatibility with previous versions. Don't add new
parameters to methods. Try to keep the old one, add a new one with an
additional parameter and call it from the old one with a default that
maintains the old behavior.

Next time, please use JIRA at http://wicketstuff.org/jira/browse/WMR
(when will it be back again? or will it be back at all?) to create a
ticket (and submit a patch) in order to get my feedback earlier (I'm
watching the feeds there and should be able to react pretty quickly).

Regarding your issue, wouldn't it be enough it @*Contribution would be
@Inherited and superclasses of matching classes would be checked as well
for potentially overridden annotations? Could you provide a test case
for your issues so we can figure out if there isn't a less obtrusive way
to fix it?

Cheers, Stefan

Posted by Ryan Crumley <cr...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

I apologize for checking in changes without your approval. I was excited
about using your project but without scanning super classes it was not
useful to me. I was eager to get it working. =)

These are all good points... I will follow up with you off-list once I have
a few minutes to put together a response and a test case.

Cheers,

Ryan