Posted to users@royale.apache.org by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt> on 2018/11/16 00:24:36 UTC

Suggestion: Emulation tutorial

Would be great if one of the experients Royale developers produce a basic
step by step tutorial how to implement a MXRoyale or SparkRoyale component
from scratch (a button for example).

So, let's imagine that there is no MXRoyale button iet and with this
tutorial, would be possible to create a button and test it (press it and do
an action).

If you believe that's worth it.

Re: Suggestion: Emulation tutorial

Posted by Serkan Taş <se...@likyateknoloji.com>.
Yes Piotr, it is true.

I am using some libs that are modified like fiber and as3corelib and
shared them on github.

Thanks,
Serkan

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.
"Yeah, it is a lot to learn.  Did you ever make patches to the Flex SDK
framework code? "
A few ones yes, but the deepest I went was:
1. Debug;
2. Find bugs that affects my code;
3. Find logical patch;
4. Copy the original code from the SDK to my project;
5. Apply the patch;
6. Fill a bug on the JIRA with the suggestion of the patch;
7. If (probably not) my patch appear on a future SDK release, I used it and
delete my custom patch.

"I will try to put together a step-by-step tutorial on the next component I
get to run."
That would be great !

"I'm not sure where I have seen this but I think Serkan who migrating his
app has it on the GitHub."
Serkan, can you help ?

It's a big world and I believe that there at least 100 (if not 1000 or more)
developers using Flex SDK that would love to migrate to Royale.
The new components and a new foundation makes sense but it's the emulation
that counts for this set of developers.
Probably they have knowledge to build Flex application and already created
hundreds of widgets using Flex components and perhaps a few patch at most
but if you ask the build a component from scratch for SDK they would not be
able to do and did not know even here to start.
Probably they are all waiting to see what's happen here (if the Roayle with
emulation see the light one day).
I don't believe that this force (a lot of developers) would help but if 1%
of them help developing at least one component or component implementation,
would be a giant help and this "guide for dummies" it's necessary.
It happens all the time, and that's why Flex SDK was successful with samples
and .NET, etc ...
But I may be wrong because I don't have numbers ...

Re: Suggestion: Emulation tutorial

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hugo,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Have you already read this? https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/emulation-components#getting-an-emulation-component-to-run

-Alex

    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cfe4210c71e4b4cdd86f808d64b59e67e%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636779246822011899&amp;sdata=BMqqI62s0Bs4egvhqdyW%2FQrJ0jwtxM7w4%2F4VjhWjXDw%3D&amp;reserved=0

Re: Suggestion: Emulation tutorial

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.
Great example Carlos.
Thank you very much.
I will play around with Royale and I have a few question that I will put in
different threads.

Re: Suggestion: Emulation tutorial

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Hugo,

I think the closest is this:

https://royale.apache.org/customization-through-the-royale-api/

Is a jewel button that popups a jewel alert and inside some content is
added (a jewel checkbox). You can prepare some content in mxml and add to
the alert content

HTH

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Suggestion: Emulation tutorial

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'm migrating a project and choose to make a mixed approach based on the
following points:

1.- Left server side (Java with BlazeDS) part without touch. Just turning
off small messages for remote object calls
2.- Migrate as many AS3 code as we can, that part that is not tied to MX or
SPARK component sets
3.- As we need a "refresh" in the UI that support modern approach mostly
responsiveness and adaptiveness and something that looks good now since is
what client buys in the end,
so  I started doing the Jewel Component Set to match this point.

In the end we are matching all problematic points and we are near to need
only normal user-dev royale work (although we are finding many bugs and
things we need to be solved, but can be solved over time. So we can
consider we are very near of a 1.0 release, in that side (not talking about
Mx/Spark that still needs more work and get more eye candy).

 I'm happy with the point we are reaching, but still there's much work to
do! :)

Carlos

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.