Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 16:16:32 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache TinkerPop 3.0.0.M8-incubating Released.

Hello everyone,

TinkerPop 3.0.0.M8-incubating (A Gremlin Rāga in 7/16 Time) has been released. This is TinkerPop's first release as an Apache Software Foundation project.

Release notes can be found here:
	https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/master/CHANGELOG.asciidoc#tinkerpop-300m8-release-date-april-6-2015

The TinkerPop homepage provides access to the documentation and downloadable artifacts:
	http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/

The <dependency/> jars have been pushed to Apache Central Repo:
	http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tinkerpop

-----------------

This release has been a long time coming. Migrating to the Apache infrastructure and ensuring our releases are sound both from a legal and infrastructure standpoint was arduous, but now that Apache Incubator has approved this release (and we have learned the pattern), the next release should be smoother.

What does the future hold? M8 marked our Apache "wheel greasing" release. M9 will represent final requirements from vendors. Once we release M9, we will simply work on testing, docs, and then push out a GA.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience on this release and welcome to Apache TinkerPop,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Re: [RELEASE] Apache TinkerPop 3.0.0.M8-incubating Released.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
I would also recommend sending an [ANNOUNCE] E-mail to announce@apache.org
(must be from your apache e-mail address).  This list is watched by many
individuals to see what is coming out of the apache projects.