Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by RAYMOND Romain <ro...@c-s.fr> on 2002/03/29 12:04:39 UTC

external-graphic : protocol error

Hello,

I cannot access images while building my PDF throught FOP, return error
is
" no protocol ". Althought I used (as in the examples) a file:path ...

What is the synthax ? The FopServlet example use an absolute path to get
the fo file, but I generate the fo in memory ... my output PDF is good
except
the images problem and the no protocol error.
Some help ?

Thanks.

Re: external-graphic : protocol error

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
RAYMOND Romain wrote:
> I cannot access images while building my PDF throught FOP, return error
> is
> " no protocol ". Althought I used (as in the examples) a file:path ...
>
> What is the synthax ?

The URL syntax for files on the local machine is
  file:///some/path/to/file.ext
Note the triple slash. FOP also accepts
  /some/path/to/file.ext
Windows drive specifications and pathnames with backslashes
could cause some problems.
A relative path
   file.ext
   path/to/file.ext
will be resolved to the configures base directory. This defaults
to the current working directory of the process which runs FOP.
You can configure it by setting from Java code, see
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=101354604124258&w=2
Bad values for the base directory can also cause the problem
you have.

J.Pietschmann