Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Einfeldt <ra...@uptime-isc.de> on 2004/06/09 17:19:08 UTC

RE: unable to connect to mysql db on localhost (mysql not listening!) [OT]

Although it's quite off topic:

In /etc/mysql/my.cnf comment out this line:

skip-networking

restart mysql

Posted by ilasno <il...@netscape.net>.
you're absolutely right.  thank you for setting a user list newby
straight. but just for any other poor soul that might stumble upon this,
that was exactly what solved my problem...

thanks!

ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de wrote:

>Although it's quite off topic:
>
>In /etc/mysql/my.cnf comment out this line:
>
>skip-networking
>
>restart mysql

jesse j. mueller