Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Andrey Yegorov <an...@datastax.com> on 2022/02/09 00:40:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] moving storm adapter under Apache Storm

Hello,

A while back during one of the community meetings we talked about
pulsar-adapters repo not getting enough love - being missed during the
releases, not keeping up with the pulsar changes etc.
One of the ideas (from Sijie, as I recall) was to donate the adapters to
other communities that have expertise and experience in the systems Pulsar
integrates with. This happened with the Flink adapter and it got removed
from the pulsar-adapters project recently.

I made a first attempt on moving the Storm adapter under the Storm
community umbrella and will appreciate feedback/help if any changes needed
for this attempt: https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/3440

I haven't reached out to the Storm dev community yet because I was not sure
what conflicts/incompatibilities this attempt will find. I will reach out
to them after initial yey/nay from the Pulsar community.

--
Andrey Yegorov