Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Bert Schiettecatte <bs...@vub.ac.be> on 2000/01/25 14:56:49 UTC

Bug in $XERCESCROOT/obj/Makefile

Hi,

I tried to compile the Xerces source on our Solaris 2.7 machine at the
university, but the Makefile rule for ALL_OBJECTS is incorrect: the
wildcard doesn't match and the value of ALL_OBJECTS remains empty.
This means that the .so library doesn't contain anything.

Thanks,

Bert.

Bert Schiettecatte (1e lic. Inf)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel

E-Mail: bschiett@vub.ac.be
WWW: http://wendy.vub.ac.be/~bschiett/

-- To be a popular composer, what is it you must do?
Perhaps to learn enough tricks that cause people to
have pleasant sensations without too much stress.
What are the tricks for making that catches on in
a listener's mind, and keeps repeating long after
the performance? -- M. Minsky

Re: Bug in $XERCESCROOT/obj/Makefile

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
If that's the case then probably you haven't set XERCESCROOT  environment
variable for that machine.

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
Its gmake (GNU make)

Arundhati