Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/05/22 22:57:43 UTC

Re: server

>hi
>i would like to download a copy of your server to try it out before i =
>purchase it but i can only use pkunzip or arj format could you help me??

It's free, it's also for *UNIX*, which will have the unpacking
programs "uncompress" and "gunzip".

Have a look at http://xxx.lanl.gov/help/utilities
for utilities to unapck .Z / .gz files for various
platforms.

Re: server

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Wed, 22 May 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> >hi
> >i would like to download a copy of your server to try it out before i =
> >purchase it but i can only use pkunzip or arj format could you help me??
>
> It's free, it's also for *UNIX*, which will have the unpacking
> programs "uncompress" and "gunzip".
>
> Have a look at http://xxx.lanl.gov/help/utilities
> for utilities to unapck .Z / .gz files for various
> platforms.

Hmm, if he only has access to pkunzip or arj then it's likely that
they're not on Unix...

BTW, Rob, is there a better way to handle bug report mail than having to
include new-httpd in on it?  I've been getting lots of bug mail to
apache@apache.org and postmaster@apache.org, etc., that I've been
answering privately.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/