Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Swientek, Jens-Martin" <Je...@t-systems.com> on 2004/02/02 12:46:47 UTC

Forward to portlet with specified action

Hallo.

Is it possible to forward to a portlet and automatically perform a specified action?
When I forward to a portlet the 'buildNormalContext'-Method of the appropiate action-class is always called.
But I need to invoke another action-method, e.g. 'doSomething(Rundata rundata, Context context)'.

My forward looks like this:

ForwardService forward = (ForwardService)ServiceUtil.getServiceByName(ForwardService.SERVICE_NAME);
forward.forward(rundata, "PersonPane");

Re: Forward to portlet with specified action

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, February 2, 2004, at 03:46  AM, Swientek, Jens-Martin wrote:

> Hallo.
>
> Is it possible to forward to a portlet and automatically perform a
> specified action?
> When I forward to a portlet the 'buildNormalContext'-Method of the
> appropiate action-class is always called.
> But I need to invoke another action-method, e.g. 'doSomething(Rundata
> rundata, Context context)'.
>

> My forward looks like this:
> --------
>
> ForwardService forward =
> (ForwardService)ServiceUtil.getServiceByName(ForwardService.SERVICE_NAM
> E);
> forward.forward(rundata, "PersonPane");
> --------

Yes, try something like this:

<forward name='PersonPaneAction'>
	<portlet id='PersonForm'  action='portlets.PersonFormAction'/>
</forward>