Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Andrey Markin <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/17 07:33:28 UTC

Maven checkstyle plugin. No html report when failOnError = true.

Hi All,

I've got difficulties with setting up maven checkstyle plugin.
I've been googling a lot and at the end I see that I need an advice from
experts.

If it's not the right address to ask such questions please direct me to the
right please and sorry for inconvenience.

Problem:
I need checkstyle to be integrated in my build process. I did this (this is
info how to do this). It's not that difficult.

I also need build to fail in case of checkstyle errors. OK, there is
failOnError property.
But when failOnError = true I won't get an html report from checkstyle.
It's very very inconvenient.

How can I have failed build and html report at the same time?

I really think that it should be done some how and current behavior is
strange.

PS: I also posted this question on StackOverflow but no answers:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15405142/maven-checkstyle-plugin-how-to-get-an-html-report-and-fail-build-at-the-same-ti

Kind regards,
Andrey

Re: Maven checkstyle plugin. No html report when failOnError = true.

Posted by Andrey Markin <dr...@gmail.com>.
Anyone here?

Could please give me just a little hint?

Andrey

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> If it's not the right address to ask such questions please direct me to the
> right please and sorry for inconvenience.

This list is for the discussion of the development of Maven itself.
Please post questions like yours to the Maven Users list, thanks.

Wayne