Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 13:42:21 UTC

[Studio] error while starting the server from studio on Ubuntu

    I have encountered the below error while trying to start a server
instance in studio.

   java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.ApacheDsPluginUtils.copyLibrary(ApacheDsPluginUtils.java:200)

  Also note that there seems to be some keybinding conflicts. Have
attached the complete .log file.

  The help icon seems to be missing at all places -
http://ehaez.notlong.com/ (a screenshot )

 Studio downloaded binary name -
ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0.v20081014.tar.gz
 OS - Ubuntu 8.04

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [Studio] error while starting the server from studio on Ubuntu

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was able to reproduce it and fix it ...
>
> Looks like we need to modify the list of goals used by the Release plugin
> (when performing the release) from "<goals>deploy</goals>" to
> "<goals>install deploy</goals>" to have the dependencies in the jar... This
> is very weird but it works...
>
> I'll relaunch a vote for releasing a new version today.

Just find !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Studio] error while starting the server from studio on Ubuntu

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi all,

I was able to reproduce it and fix it ...

Looks like we need to modify the list of goals used by the Release plugin
(when performing the release) from "<goals>deploy</goals>" to
"<goals>install deploy</goals>" to have the dependencies in the jar... This
is very weird but it works...

I'll relaunch a vote for releasing a new version today.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Kiran,

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi again Kiran,

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Kiran,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>wrote:

>   I have encountered the below error while trying to start a server
> instance in studio.
>
>  java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at
> org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.ApacheDsPluginUtils.copyLibrary(ApacheDsPluginUtils.java:200)

I can confirm this. I dropped my ".ApacheDirectoryStudio" folder and got
this error. It was working fun when I did my testing before the release...
This is odd...

Also note that there seems to be some keybinding conflicts. Have attached
> the complete .log file.

I also have this but there's less to worry about on this one... It does not
make the application fail...

The help icon seems to be missing at all places -
http://ehaez.notlong.com/(a screenshot )

Yep, this is because of the new Eclipse 3.4 dependencies... I have no idea
why it does not find this icon... I've spent a few hours looking for a
solution but I don't understand why it does that...

Thanks for the reports, I'll try to fix them...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud