Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nidhi Tuli <nt...@paymentone.com> on 2006/03/10 01:26:45 UTC

RE: How do I include my ejb3 and par files in ear for Maven2

My end goal is to generate ear file using Maven2 for
deploying EJB3  in JBoss.

For this purpose I wrote some ejb3 code, which I need to
1. compile
2. generate jar
3. generate ejb3
4. generate par
5. generate ear

and then I will deploy ear. The ear should contain the ejb3 and par
which was generated in previous steps.

I found out after posting this question, that ear plugin supports
copying ejb3 and par files, but they need to be defined in Dependencies.

This is very strange for my situation because, I don't want to load the
ejb3 and par files in my repository so that it could be found when I do
use ear plugin.

Any ideas How can I include the my own generated ejb3 and par files in
my final ear file.

Thanks
Nidhi

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
  here's y pom.xml for creating an ear...  give it a try if it helps

    <parent>
        <groupId>root</groupId>
        <artifactId>project</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
    </parent>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <artifactId>ejb3-deploy</artifactId>
    <packaging>ear</packaging>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <modules>
                        <ejbModule>
                            <groupId>root</groupId>
                            <artifactId>ejbs</artifactId>
                            <bundleFileName>
                                ejb3-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.par
                            </bundleFileName>
                        </ejbModule>
                        <webModule>
                            <groupId>root</groupId>
                            <artifactId>web</artifactId>
                            <bundleFileName>
                                ejb3-web.war
                            </bundleFileName>
                        </webModule>
                            <javaModule>
                                   <groupId>root</groupId>
                                   <artifactId>shared</artifactId>
                                   <bundleFileName>sharedlib.jar
</bundleFileName>
                             </javaModule>

                    </modules>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
         <dependency>
            <groupId>root</groupId>
        <artifactId>ejbs</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <type>ejb</type>
       </dependency>
         <dependency>
            <groupId>root</groupId>
        <artifactId>shared</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
            <groupId>root</groupId>
        <artifactId>web</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <type>war</type>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
</project>

Re: How do I include my ejb3 and par files in ear for Maven2

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
show your maven projects structure please.

s/

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: How do I include my ejb3 and par files in ear for Maven2

Posted by John Tolentino <jt...@exist.com>.
Try out first the suggested solution that you mentioned (adding the ejb3
and par files into your dependencies) then extract the ear file. You are
most likely to see that those dependencies are already packaged in the
ear. Maven 2 will exclude your dependency from the package only if you
defined a scope that tells it to do so (e.g. provided) or added it to
your exclusion list.

- John