Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/17 19:40:56 UTC

simple question : where is conf/hadoop-env.sh ?

Hi guys : I do not see a "conf/hadoop-env.sh" file, which is required for
hadoop installation, according to standard hadoop install directions which
I find online and in the hadoop elephant book.......

Any hints on how to install a basic, hybrid mode hadoop fs on my laptop ?

I DO SEE a series of files in the templates directory... is it my
responsibility to copy these into conf/ before installing hadoop

Thanks :)

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: simple question : where is conf/hadoop-env.sh ?

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I mean... when I look in the hadoop installation directory (after untarring
it) ... I dont see any of those files in conf ...?

Does that mean i have to manually copy them over from the templates ?