Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@MIT.EDU> on 2005/03/25 02:55:10 UTC

[VOTE] PMC Chair

Hi,

It seems that there informal consensus to become a TLP.  It also seems that
the proposal draft I posted earlier is mostly fine, with minor scope
adjustment.  We agree that there should be annual elections for PMC chair.
The final element we need to fill in our TLP proposal before we have a
formal vote on it is our initially suggested PMC chairman (or woman).

So far, Remy and I have proposed ourselves as candidates for the job.  While
multiple people will help out, only one can hold the title at a time, as was
made clear by Jim and others.  Accordingly, let's have a simple majority
vote of tomcat committers to see if we can decide on the initial PMC chair,
assuming that simple mechanism is OK with everyone.  You all know Remy and
myself well enough I believe, but feel free to ask questions (in public or
private as you wish).

Obviously a vote doesn't indicate anything personal.  Remy and I have spoken
in private and both understand each other, there's no issues between us.
However if there's some reason I'm not aware of to hold this vote in
private, we can do it on tomcat-committers@jakarta maybe (although I'm not
sure all Tomcat committers are members of that list), or using one of the
ASF voting scripts from CVS/SVN.

The initial Tomcat PMC chair should be:

[  ] Remy Maucherat

[  ] Yoav Shapira

Yoav Shapira

System Design and Management Fellow

MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering

Cambridge, MA USA

 <ma...@sloan.mit.edu> yoavsh@sloan.mit.edu /
<ma...@computer.org> yoavs@computer.org

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
[ +1 ] Remy Maucherat

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> The initial Tomcat PMC chair should be:
>
> [ +1 ] Remy Maucherat
>
> [  ] Yoav Shapira

Next year I'll switch, Yoav is great - I just think Remy deserves to be
the first chair...

Costin

Re: [RESULT] PMC Chair

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
>
>> 19 votes were recorded, and thus the proposed Tomcat PMC is:
>>
>> Keith Wannamaker (keith)
>> Mark Thomas (markt)
>> Larry Isaacs (larryi)
>> Filip Hanik (fhanik)
>> Tim Funk (funkman)
>> Kin-man Chung (kinman)
>> Henri Gomez (hgomez)
>> Mladen Turk (mturk)
>> Costin Manolache (costin)
>> Jim Jagielski (jim)
>> Bill Barker (billbarker)
>> Ian Darwin (idarwin)
>> Peter Rossbach (pero)
>> Kurt Miller (truk)
>> Glenn Nielsen (glenn)
>> Jean-Frederic Clere (jfclere)
>> Amy Roh (amyroh)
>> Jeanfrancois Arcand (jfarcand)
>> Remy Maucherat (remm)
>> Yoav Shapira (yoavs)
>>
>> The result was:
>>
>> 13 - Remy
>>  5 - Yoav
>>  1 - Costin
>

> (that's funny, but I can count 20 people)

It's a fraud!  I demand a recount.  sorry I couldn't help myself.  ;-)

Re: [RESULT] PMC Chair

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

[RESULT] PMC Chair

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> The vote needs to be somewhat private, and sent to someone trusted who
>> will then announce the final tally ;)
>
> Probably :)
>
> Perhaps to Henri Yandell. He's the current PMC, and I think we can
> trust him. After all, I heard that he likes administrative jobs ;).

That seems like a good idea.

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> The vote needs to be somewhat private, and sent to someone trusted who
> will then announce the final tally ;)

Probably :)

Perhaps to Henri Yandell. He's the current PMC, and I think we can
trust him. After all, I heard that he likes administrative jobs ;).

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: [VOTE] PMC Chair

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.