Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2001/08/31 17:34:48 UTC

entity catalogs - success/failure reports please

We need to confirm that the new entity resolution capability performs
correctly on all major platforms. Would you please send a brief
yes or no, together with your platform details, directly to me and i will
collate the replies.

With the lastest 2.1-dev HEAD branch, the CatalogManager.properties
is automatically copied to your classpath via WEB-INF/classes/
by the build process, and the path to the default catalog is
automatically configured.

Try the Welcome page demo to start Cocoon. If you see the STDOUT
message "Cannot find CatalogManager.properties" then there is a
problem with finding the properties file on your classpath. Otherwise,
if you have set verbosity>1 then you will see catalog loading status
messages going to STDOUT.

Then try the link to the Entity Catalogs demo. Please tell us how you
go. You will either successfully get the rendered demo page or you
will get an "Error creating the resource" could not find ISOnum.pen

Here are the reports that we have so far ...

-------------------------------
Success
------
* Linux Red Hat 7.1, java.vm.version=Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS, Tomcat 3.2.2
* Win2K, Tomcat 3.3

-------------------------------
Failure
-----
* Windows 2000 Professional, Tomcat 3.2.1
 - pathname problems with interpreting directory separator

Re: entity catalogs - success/failure reports please

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Oops!
Sorry for previous posting. I didn't see that I had to configure anything
else.

Konstantin

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
I get this (by clicking on the link on Samples page):

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
"file:/D:/Java/cdk-dist/webapps/cocoon2/docs/samples/catalog/ISOnum.pen" not
found.

My config:
Windows NT 4.0 SP 6
Tomcat 3.3-dev (an rather old version)