Posted to triplesoup-dev@incubator.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2007/05/04 21:55:27 UTC

/.: Super-Fast RDF

I thought those on this list might be interested in this.  Sounds a
little too hyped to me, but maybe I'm wrong:

  "The Register is reporting that Irish researchers have developed a
  new high-speed RDF search engine capable of answering search queries
  with more than seven billion RDF statements in mere fractions of a
  second."

 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/04/semantic_web_breakthrough/

 http://www.deri.ie/

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905

Re: /.: Super-Fast RDF

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On May 4, 2007, at 11:55 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> I thought those on this list might be interested in this.  Sounds a
> little too hyped to me, but maybe I'm wrong:
>
>  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/04/1252215

"but how does it scale?!" :)

the cross-talk between their index managers as they add nodes will
only increase... its not /that/ much of a feat to query a bunch of
data on a few node system... (they're just academics and publish all
their results!)

-pete

Re: /.: Super-Fast RDF

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On May 4, 2007, at 11:55 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
> I thought those on this list might be interested in this.

Creating quite a buzz, they are :-)

> Sounds a little too hyped to me

or a lot. Good for them, though :-)

> , but maybe I'm wrong:
>
>  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/04/1252215
>
>   "The Register is reporting that Irish researchers have developed a
>   new high-speed RDF search engine capable of answering search queries
>   with more than seven billion RDF statements in mere fractions of a
>   second."
>
>  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/04/semantic_web_breakthrough/
>
>  http://www.deri.ie/

It's very interesting research but it's still research :-). The
previous version of their system is at

   http://sw.deri.org/2004/06/yars/

I sure hope they'll put the code for the new one up too after the
research season is over!

cheers,

- Leo