Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matteo Villa <mv...@prosolutions.de> on 2001/08/07 09:45:23 UTC

Help: C2 - Java exception

Hi everybody,

I want to emulate the example "protected" on C2 (latest CVS downloaded
on 20010806).
The example itself breaks after login (Donald Ball) with
----
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.SessionValidatorAction.act(SessionValidatorAction.java:136)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.www.protected_.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN6A(sitemap_xmap.java:584)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.www.protected_.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:336)

 at
org.apache.cocoon.www.protected_.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:282)

 at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
 at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN21E(sitemap_xmap.java:2871)

 at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2340)
 at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2279)
 at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
 at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:507)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)

 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:812)

 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)

 at

 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
----
===> See also attached Cocoon.log <===

Background Infos:
C2 on WNT SP 6 with Tomcat 3.3
Oracle 8.1.5 EE on NT
Web Server is IIS 4.x
Connectivity to Oracle works

Question is: what's wrong ?

Could anyone help me ? I need the Validation stuff to work !!!!

Another info: I got this error also with previous CVS of C2. I noticed
the source has been changed exactly at that point
(SessionValidatorAction.java:136). But still the effect (error) remains.
Maybe I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Matteo Villa