Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Andreasen <ve...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/27 22:14:30 UTC

repair failed or stopped after 7-8 hours?

I've started repair on 6 nodes some 7-8 hours ago

The nodes still have load of 2-3 (normally 0.5) and if i grep AE in
system.log i get lines like this on most of the nodes

   Performing streaming repair of 30 ranges to /172.19.0.32 for ........

Load is 400-500gb on the nodes.

Any word of advise on this one, should i just wait or do you think its
failed?

Thanks
Mike

Re: repair failed or stopped after 7-8 hours?

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Did you start the repair on all nodes at once or one at a time ?

Take a look at the streams on the nodes, using either

nodetool -h localhost -p 8080 streams

Or the JMX interface. Check if the numbers are changing.

Aaron