Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Davendra Kumar <da...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/23 18:07:22 UTC

ssl configuration in tomcat

hi everyone... i hope anyone can help me in this problem
i 've installed Apache Tomcat 4.1.12LE
and j2sdk1.4.1 .Yesterday i tried configuring SSL in tomcat for my login
page.
so i followed the steps provided in the documentation. the documentation
said choose

JSSE an installed extension by copying all three JAR files (jcert.jar,
jnet.jar, and

jsse.jar) into your JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext directory but i could only find
the jsse.jar

file so i copyied jsse.jar file to JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext after that i did
the keytool

configuration from C:\j2sdk1.4.1  during keytool process i created my own
password.

after that i removed the comments in the server.xml like shown below,
and added the keystore password with my own..password

               enableLookups="true"
	       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false">
      <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" keystorePass="mypassword"
/>

i restarted tomcat and typed https://localhost:8443/  and it displayed The
page cannot

be displayed.. so my question is where did i go wrong and what should i do
next...