Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/30 10:28:18 UTC

"Z mode" in Java FTP Clients

Hello,
 I was wondering if any java ftps client libraries ( currently  I'm using
the latest commons net ftp version so I can use explicit SSL) support Z mode
or I would have to compress/uncompress everything coming from the data
channel.

Re: "Z mode" in Java FTP Clients

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM, David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I was wondering if any java ftps client libraries ( currently  I'm using
> the latest commons net ftp version so I can use explicit SSL) support Z mode
> or I would have to compress/uncompress everything coming from the data
> channel.

commons-net doesn't seem to do much with the file transfer mode
setting, of course you would be welcome to patch commons-net and I can
help you commit it if it looks good. But if you would like to go that
way, let's move that discussion of the dev@commons.apache.org list.

/niklas