Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2017/05/10 17:47:20 UTC

[REPORT] Lucene.Net - May 2017

Apache Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C#
and targeted at .NET runtime users.

== Summary ==
* Finally released a beta version of 4.8.0 to the community. (Vote:
  https://s.apache.org/e5mT, passed )
* We're quickly following that up with a second beta to fix some critical
  multi-threading issues (Vote currently in progress)
* Strong community involvement to get this over the line, and lots of people
  are jumping in to give feedback on the release.
* Previously we've been asked about "strong involvement". In efforts to
  quantify that a bit, mailing list message count on dev starting in Jan: 28,
  14, 58, 167, 123 (10 days into may). Additionally, we've had several
  community members look at performance enhancements and submit PR's (which
  for us is not common).

== Releases ==
* Release 4.8.0 Beta1 - May, 2017
* Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012

== Statistics ==
* Last PMC Member added May 2017, Shad Storhaug
* Last committer added Sept 2016, Shad Storhaug

Nuget package downloads:
* Lucene.Net 3.0.3: 550,874 (up from 417,307)
* Lucene.Net.Contrib 3.0.3: 141,606 (up from 109,915)
* Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial: 12,883 (up from 11,269)
* Lucene.Net Contrib Spatial.NTS: 2,347 (up from 2,079)

As we will have 17 packages for 4.8.0 release, I'll work on a new way to
present these metrics. Currently we have about 18 downloads of the core beta
package and 9 for the various libraries that add additional features