Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/16 19:37:31 UTC

apache2-modjk-tomcat

Hi
A previously working config, is not working after restore.  I know the restore is not complete.  It is as complete as I can make it and odd behavior is happening.

Some webapps are showing up fine.  Two in particular show the forms authentication however when entered with correct user/pass it then gives an apache message that the server has reset.  However, this is where it is interesting, for my level, if the manager is run and the two mal-preforming apps are entered through tomcat manger, they authenticate as normal and continue on to the page without errors. The apps work perfectly when accessed form tc manager, not from apache.  I have checked my apache config, it looks identical to the known correct.  Ideas?  tia.

Re: apache2-modjk-tomcat

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Chris Pat schrieb:
> Hi A previously working config, is not working after restore.  I know
> the restore is not complete.  It is as complete as I can make it and
> odd behavior is happening.
>
> Some webapps are showing up fine.  Two in particular show the forms
> authentication however when entered with correct user/pass it then
> gives an apache message that the server has reset.  However, this is

What's the exact error message (from the log files)?

> where it is interesting, for my level, if the manager is run and the
> two mal-preforming apps are entered through tomcat manger, they
> authenticate as normal and continue on to the page without errors.
> The apps work perfectly when accessed form tc manager, not from
> apache.  I have checked my apache config, it looks identical to the
> known correct.  Ideas?  tia.

Would you mind telling us the basic facts (OS, Versions of
Apache/JK/Tomcat/OS, configuration)?

Regards,

Rainer