Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wesley Gamble <w....@pentasafe.com> on 2001/09/20 19:15:28 UTC

Interceptors

All,

Where is the best info. on using Tomcat interceptors with 3.2.x?  I've
looked for quite a while, and can't find much documentation at all on them.
Should I just print whatever source I can find and try and puzzle it
together from that?

I need to be able to modify the value of a cookie before the session
info. is processed so that Tomcat will be able to recognize the
JSESSIONID.  I have a user agent which formats cookies incorrectly.
 Does anyone know which kind of Interceptor I would use to manipulate
the cookie PRIOR to session identification and processing?

Thanks,
Wes Gamble

Re: Interceptors

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
Wesley,

Wesley Gamble wrote:

> Where is the best info. on using Tomcat interceptors with 3.2.x?
> I've looked for quite a while, and can't find much documentation at
> all on them. Should I just print whatever source I can find and try
> and puzzle it together from that?
>
> I need to be able to modify the value of a cookie before the session
> info. is processed so that Tomcat will be able to recognize the
> JSESSIONID.  I have a user agent which formats cookies incorrectly.
>  Does anyone know which kind of Interceptor I would use to manipulate
> the cookie PRIOR to session identification and processing?

Try

http://tomcatbook.sourceforge.net

There was some interceptor information earlier.

Rgds
Antony