Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/01 00:26:07 UTC

Re: XML Parser availablity for Phoenix components.

Mircea

>>In true IoC style, the block that needs it would implement an interface
>>like "XMLParsing" and have a method called "registerParser(..)" or
>>something.
>>

>Or you can have the XMLParser component registered with the CM. Not every
>block needs a Parser :)

Of course.  And configured as usual in assembly.xml?

- Paul

Re: XML Parser availablity for Phoenix components.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Actually thinking about this, should it be as follows ?

Service :

   org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation
    (as is, no subclassing of component etc).

Block :

   Some JDK1.2, 1.3, 1.4 aware solution that get's the class name
   from config.xml.
   JDK1.4 has build in DOMImplementationImpl etc.

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: XML Parser availablity for Phoenix components.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Mircea,

>>Of course.  And configured as usual in assembly.xml?
>>

>Yes, if you create a ParserSelector block! Of course the block configuration
>will contain the parsers' configurations.
>Does it make sense ... or doesn't?!

OK, I'm going to create some cornerstone blocks today.

Service :

  DOMDocumentFactory {
    org.w3c.dom.Document createDOMDocument();
    // plus other signatures.
  }

Block :

  XercesDOMBlock extends AbstractLoggable {
    org.w3c.dom.Document createDOMDocument() {
      return new org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl();
    }
  }
  // and other blocks for other DOM parsers meeting the w3c API.

Thoughts?  I could just do it and get comments after the first cut...

- Paul

Re: XML Parser availablity for Phoenix components.

Posted by Mircea Toma <mi...@home.com>.
> Of course.  And configured as usual in assembly.xml?

Yes, if you create a ParserSelector block! Of course the block configuration
will contain the parsers' configurations.
Does it make sense ... or doesn't?!

mircea