Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2003/04/25 19:25:45 UTC

Re: FW: [NAGOYA.APACHE.ORG] RSYNC Output

Pier Fumagalli schrieb:
> Ohi... Rsync is not working for XML.APACHE.ORG...
>
> Anyone wants to give it a shot? (I'm not on general@xml)
>
>     Pier
>
>>/usr/local/bin/rsync --recursive --times --links --compress --delete
>>--delete-excluded --safe-links --verbose --quiet --include=.htaccess
>>--include=.images --exclude=CVS --exclude=*~ --exclude=.* --exclude=obsolete
>>--exclude=nightly --exclude=incoming www.apache.org::xml-site/dist/
>>/export/www/nagoya.apache.org/dist/xml/ --copy-links --exclude=/images
>>--exclude=nightly
>>readlink fop/fop-0.20.5rc2-bin.tar.gz: No such file or directory
>>readlink fop/fop-0.20.5rc2-src.tar.gz: No such file or directory

These are links to /www/www.apache.org/dist/xml/fop
I created these to make this release available in the "old"
location until everything is moved to www.apache.org/dist/fop

Well I did ask some time ago on this list how to handle the
transition from xml.apache.org/dist to www.apache.org/dist/xml
but got no answer. And I thought symlinks are better than
redirects because mirroring would still work ;-|

A simple solution is to copy the files instead of linking
(~13M additional space on daedalus).

>>readlink soap: No such file or directory
>>readlink axis: No such file or directory

These are part of ws.apache.org now (and it seems they aren't
mirrored at all..)

>>readlink security: No such file or directory

Mmmh the link is pointing to a non-existent directory, probably the
old distribution directory.
What about removing this directory and redirect
/www/xml.apache.org/dist/security
to /www/www.apache.org/dist/xml/security ?

Christian