Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2011/12/09 09:44:53 UTC

snaptshot rotation - replication handler argument available?

Configured my replication handler on the master with this option:

<str name="backupAfter">optimize</str>

I am running an optimize call on a regular basis (e.g. every week or
every day, not the question here) and a snapshot is created.

I am wonder where the option ist, to specify how much snapshots should
be kept?
Index is very big and without rotation i am running out of space sooner
or later.
How this can be done with SOLR (without using an external self-made
Cronjob which does delete them).

regards

Torsten

RE: snaptshot rotation - replication handler argument available?

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com>.
Just committed to Solr 3.5 is a "numberToKeep" parameter which lets you tell it to automatically delete the older backups.  See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#HTTP_API , under which is a short quip about this.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311