Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Karthik K <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/03 10:15:21 UTC

Hook for Non Supported Data stores

Team,

Is there we could write or extend Hook for non supported data store like
Impala.

Hive, HDFS, Kafka, Storm are supported now but would like to know if i have
Impala table and will it be possible to create hook for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
K.Karthikeyan

Re: Hook for Non Supported Data stores

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <hy...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

It is possible to write Hooks for new data stores, as long as there is a mechanism in the data store (in your case, Impala) to invoke a class / method when there is a change to metadata. For all hooks that currently exist (Hive, Storm, Falcon, Sqoop) we have leveraged such plugin mechanisms exposed by the hosting systems.

I am not familiar with Impala to answer if such a plugin mechanism exists. Perhaps you could check with the Impala integration APIs and see. If not, there are other alternatives we can discuss on how you can integrate with Atlas, still.

Thanks
hemanth