Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Fenlason <jf...@ptc.com> on 2002/06/17 20:49:11 UTC

Authentication

I'm trying to authenticate with Tomcat4.1.3 but not having much success.
Using the <Realm/> below I can authenticate when the user name and password
are the same, e.g. username=foo password=foo.  However, if the username and
password are not the same, e.g. username=foo password=bar.  Also, if the
username and password are different, e.g. username=foo password=bar, it
won't authenticate if you enter the username=foo password=bar.  So it must
be connecting to the ldap directory and checking the password, right?  I am
thoroughly stumped.  If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
    connectionURL="ldap://camaro.mn.ptc.com:389"
    roleName="cn"
    roleBase="ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden Hills,o=PTC"
    roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
    userPassword="cn"
    userPattern="uid={0},ou=People,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=PTC"
    roleSubtree="true"
    debug="99"/>

Re: Authentication

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
Um, I think it might have something to do with the fact that you have the
userPassword attribute set to cn.

Jon

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>