Posted to user@struts.apache.org by achandra <al...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/20 21:14:08 UTC

Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

I have been trying to working on RAD and Struts 2.0. I have tried every
possible thing I could. The very first page works fine, but there after when
I click the submit button it brings the URL back with the .action extension
and throws an error that message couldn't be found. I am keeping it very
simple. Just a hello world example. But it is still not working. I don't
think Struts 2.0 should be that complex to adapt. It is very discouraging. I
am using online tutorials to use package name, keep the jsp files in the
folders etc. I am following guidelines from the tutorials, but it is simply
not working. Can somebody help me and let me know what am I doing wrong?? I
can show you the directory structure which I am using but seems like it is
not even going to the action class. Although when I try to type the action
class in struts.xml, it tells me if I am making a typo mistake in describing
the action class in struts.xml file but when I run it and try writing a
system.out or system.err in the action class or try to set a break point, it
doesn't find it.. It is very disappointing. I don't want to go back to
struts 1.3 but if it doesn't work then seems like I won't have any other
choice.
Thank you

RE: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by "Relph,Brian" <Br...@Cerner.com>.
When you say you are using RAD 7.0, do you mean you are running a Struts2 app on a Websphere Application Server?  If so, what version of Websphere are you running?

Can you also post the stack trace for your error messages, along with your struts.xml

Brian Relph

[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

RE: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by "Relph,Brian" <Br...@Cerner.com>.
And your web.xml?

Brian Relph

  Thank you for such a prompt response. I am uploading two MS word document.
One contains the print screen that will show you where I have placed my various files in RAD and other will show you the content of the files I am using. I have tried various combinations in the struts.xml and struts-validation.xml and hopefully using the right jar files. Please let me know what am I doing wrong. I feel like I am just one step away and there is something really small that I am missing or doing wrong.
Thank you

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17364305/StrutsRADprob.doc StrutsRADprob.doc http://www.nabble.com/file/p17364305/StrutsRADprob1.doc StrutsRADprob1.doc

RE: Re: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by "newton.dave@yahoo.com" <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I don't open Word documents, so can't help.

Screenshots are images: just use images. Source code is plain text. Keep it as plain text. You can use any of several source code upload sites like pastebin or just post a *minimal* amount of code and configs that demonstrate the problem behavior.

Dave

Re: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by achandra <al...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Guys,

Re: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.
When you say it "throws an error that message couldn't be found" it sounds
like you are talking about a problem with a <fmt:message> tag or the like.
Please share the code of the 'result' JSP -- does it use any message-type
tags?  If so, do you have a messages.properties file in the right location?

jk

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM, achandra <al...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to working on RAD and Struts 2.0. I have tried every
> possible thing I could. The very first page works fine, but there after
> when
> I click the submit button it brings the URL back with the .action extension
> and throws an error that message couldn't be found. I am keeping it very
> simple. Just a hello world example. But it is still not working. I don't
> think Struts 2.0 should be that complex to adapt. It is very discouraging.
> am using online tutorials to use package name, keep the jsp files in the
> folders etc. I am following guidelines from the tutorials, but it is simply
> not working. Can somebody help me and let me know what am I doing wrong?? I
> can show you the directory structure which I am using but seems like it is
> not even going to the action class. Although when I try to type the action
> class in struts.xml, it tells me if I am making a typo mistake in
> describing
> the action class in struts.xml file but when I run it and try writing a
> system.out or system.err in the action class or try to set a break point,
> it
> doesn't find it.. It is very disappointing. I don't want to go back to
> struts 1.3 but if it doesn't work then seems like I won't have any other
> choice.
> Thank you

Jim Kiley
Technical Consultant | Summa
[p] 412.258.3346 [m] 412.445.1729
http://www.summa-tech.com

Re: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by achandra <al...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you very much for your help. It started working when I set the custom
property you described. That is a very important step in making RAD 7.0 and
Struts 2.0 work together.. Thank you

Re: Struts 2.0 and RAD 7.0

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
You'll have to provide more information; we're running S2.0 on RAD7/WS6
with no issues.

Dave