Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Eric Chaves <er...@uolet.com> on 2019/03/06 14:27:43 UTC

No traffic.out file

Hi community,

I once again reach out for with another newbie question =) I'm playing
around with lua scripts but for some reason my ATS does not output ts.debug
messages to the traffic.out (which by the way is missing and not being
created automatically).

I've checked that proxy.config.diags.debug.enabled is enabled (set to 1)
and I've also added some extras tag to proxy.config.diags.debug.tags
(currently setted as my_lua|ts_lua|http|dns).

Apart from those settings is there any other settings I should set in order
to have debug messages sent  to traffic.out file?

Best regards,

Re: No traffic.out file

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.
It's a bit obscure. The log messages are actually always sent to stdout.
Usually this is the console, but command arguments can cause traffic_server
to reset stdout (file descriptor 1) to a file (normally traffic.out). These
are the `--bind_stdout` and `--bind_stderr` command line options (which,
sadly, are not documented. Should fix that...). If you want to see them
being used, use `trafficserver start` and then use "ps aux" to look at the
command line for "traffic_server" - you should see them there.

Re: No traffic.out file

Posted by Eric Chaves <er...@uolet.com>.

Re: No traffic.out file

Posted by Jason Yang <pe...@gmail.com>.