Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2011/03/20 21:20:42 UTC

Project naming conventions and rdf.web.proxy

Hi

Looking at the naming of the new rdf.web.proxy project I notice
various issues of lack of convention and lack of documentation of
existing conventions.

- According to undocumented conventions the project should start with
platform. The rule is: whenever an org.apache.clerezza project uses
the default graphs (system graph, content graph, etc) or depends on
any project with a platform.* id, then this project has to have an
artifact-id starting with "platform".
- We should define how the subprojects should be named, just e.g.
"core" or "<parent-id>.core"
- when an artifact-id starts with another artifact-id this indicates
some kind of relation of depnedency between the two projects, here
there is no relation between rdf.web and rdf.web.proxy

Cheers,
reto