Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Esteban Franqueiro <es...@bea.com> on 2008/01/11 17:49:37 UTC

Jackrabbit roadmap

Hi all.
Is there a roadmap for the coming releases?
What new features are planned?
I know that the JSR-283 is in progress, but what's the plan for future versions of Jackrabbit?
Is there a time frame?
Basically, I'm asking where are we going after this.
Any information is welcomed.
Regards,

Esteban Franqueiro
esteban.franqueiro@bea.com

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
Jo Størset wrote:
> Is it possible to say anthing about the progress around this?

there is progress and the work has high priority. however,
i can't provide you any timeframe... i mean apart
from the obvious.

> Since we need this kind of functionality, it would be nice to have some
> basics in place to start from. Should we wait for you to come up with a
> proposal or should we start with what's available now?

if i was you, i would wait due to the fact that the code
present doesn't have 283 functionality included, is (as
far as i know) not thoroughly tested and is likely to change
quite a bit. and obviously i fear that i had to answer your
questions and deal with bug reports for something that
isn't present in the code base ;)

sorry for the vague response
angela

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Jo Størset <jo...@usit.uio.no>.

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 14, 2008 9:34 AM, Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about putting this road map in the wiki, or create a JIRA issue
> for it (with a link in the wiki to it)?

Good idea! Thanks for setting up the wiki page.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> > Is there a roadmap for the coming releases?
> Not really

What about putting this road map in the wiki, or create a JIRA issue
for it (with a link in the wiki to it)? I created a simple roadmap
page in the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RoadMap

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Jackrabbit roadmap

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 11, 2008 6:49 PM, Esteban Franqueiro <es...@bea.com> wrote:
> Is there a roadmap for the coming releases?

Not really. There's been some roadmap discussions every now and then
(see [1]), but it's relatively hard to pin the discussed features down
to any specific release or time frame.

> What new features are planned? I know that the JSR-283 is in progress,
> but what's the plan for future versions of Jackrabbit? Is there a time frame?

I'm probably missing quite a few bits, but here's a rough draft of
topics with very tentative schedule estimates. There are of course a
whole bunch of smaller scale improvements and features that we'll be
working on, I've only included some of the more prominent major
features.

Short term (2008)

  * Database connection pooling
  * Built-in access control