Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ro...@aciworldwide.com on 2008/01/24 13:22:42 UTC

MJAR-90 and empty jar files

First, I want to thank everyone who made 2.2 a reality. It's let me
cleanup my build quite a bit.

Having said that, it seems that you can't please everybody all of the
time, especially with a generic tool like the maven-jar-plugin <g>.

I have a business requirement (read: management, not programmatic,
decision)  to produce a few empty jars in my build. I had hoped the
<forceCreation> configuration option would do the trick, but it doesn't.

Since the jars are empty I do not need any 2.2 specific functionality, so
I can force 2.1 using <plugin><version> as a workaround.

Is there a cleaner way?

Robert Egan

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or non-public information.  The information is intended solely
for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this email.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this
information by unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author personally.

Re: MJAR-90 and empty jar files

Posted by ro...@aciworldwide.com.
That would create the jar, but it would not be physically empty, only
functionally empty.

Robert Egan

oliver.lamy@gmail.com wrote on 01/24/2008 07:44:36 AM:

> Hi,
> Should work with adding a dummy/empty resource file in
src/main/resources.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,