Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr> on 2012/08/20 11:13:54 UTC

Upgrade solr 3.4 to solr 3.6.1 without rebuilding the existing index ?

Hi,

I think the response is yes, but I need to check.

Is it possible to upgrade from solr 3.4 to solr 3.6.1 without rebuilding
the existing index ?

Thank you.

Dominique

Re: Upgrade solr 3.4 to solr 3.6.1 without rebuilding the existing index ?

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
At the Lucene level the index should be 100% compatible, but I don't know
with 100% certainty whether there may be subtle changes in any field type
analyzers or token filters, such as in the example schema. You might want to
read SOLR-2519 and see whether your fields and field types may be impacted
in a way that might be incompatible between the 3.6 index-time analyzers and
your 3.4 field type analyzers. But if you stick with your own field types,
you should be okay.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr>.
Thank you to both of you.