Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com> on 2005/05/25 22:45:35 UTC

Known problem with rsgetXXXcolumnNames?

I just ran derbyall off a clean build of the trunk, and
jdbcapi/rsgetXXXcolumnNames failed when running with DerbyNet.  It
passes fine with embedded and with DerbyNetClient.

I get an error:

FAIL -- unexpected exception
SQLSTATE(42X01): Syntax error: Encountered "(" at line 1, column 26.
com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: Syntax error: Encountered "(" at line 1,
column 26.

looking at derby.log, I see that the following statement is causing the
problem (I put a "^" where the syntax error occurs)

UPDATE APP.CASEISCOL SET (COL1,col1) = (?,?) WHERE CURRENT OF SQL_CURSH200C1
                          ^

Is this a known problem?  Otherwise I can log a bug.

Thanks,

David

Re: Known problem with rsgetXXXcolumnNames?

Posted by Satheesh Bandaram <sa...@Sourcery.Org>.
I was looking at this failure today. Seems like an issue with JCC
driver. For now, I am thinking of disabling this test for JCC driver only.

Satheesh