Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by md...@us.britannica.com on 2000/12/26 17:21:55 UTC

SQL tags

Hi all,

So, for several months now, I've been using my own set of custom tags to
perform SQL operations.  I'd like to contribute them, but I'm not sure how
to proceed.  Jakarta-taglibs already has a SQL taglib, but it's a "toy"
implementation designed to demonstrate a particular portion of the JSP spec,
not a general API to SQL.  Can we create a new subproject with a more
generally useful SQL implementation?

Or is it better to simply replace the current SQL project?  I can reuse most
of what is in the current taglib, but I would want to use the tag "query"
for something else.  Perhaps we could keep that class in the code and just
alias it with another name.  Boyd Waters and Ignacio J. Ortega should
definitely weigh in here, since they implemented the original taglib.  Or
perhaps we could move the current sql taglib subproject to another location
to make room for this new subproject?

Or is a taglib for SQL not generally desired?

- Morgan