Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Simon Wistow <si...@thegestalt.org> on 2009/12/07 22:52:24 UTC

Oddly slow replication

I have a Master server with two Slaves populated via Solr 1.4 native
replication.

Slave1 syncs at a respectable speed i.e around 100MB/s but Slave2 runs
much, much slower - the peak I've seen is 56KB/s.

Both are running off the same hardware with the same config -
compression is set to 'internal' and http(Conn|Read)Timeout are defaults
(5000/10000).

I've checked too see if it was a disk problem using dd and if it was a
network problem by doing a manual scp and an rsync from the slave to the
master and the master to the slave.

I've shut down the replication polling on Slave1 just to see if that was
causing the problem but there's been no improvement.

Any ideas?

Re: Oddly slow replication

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
this has to be a network problem . We have never encountered such
vastly different speeds in the same LAN.

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com