Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Doug Fischer <dg...@dfischer.com> on 2006/05/09 00:13:37 UTC

BPEL routing

I have setup three components:

1. An http:endpoint
2. An XsltComponent
3. A trace component

All I did this for was to try to create a simple BPEL process to go from the
the http endpoint to the xslt component to the trace component.  I am having
trouble creating the .bpel file in order to do this.  I have been trying to
go through the BPEL-BPE example but I cannot figure out where the .wsdl file
come from and how to create this simple routing.

Could someone please let me know how I can do this.  I am simply trying to
come up with a simple BPEL example using the basic ServiceMix components.

I was able to do this using the
org.apache.servicemix.components.util.ChainedComponent however I am getting
an ³illegal exchange status done² after the chain completes.  Anyone have
any ideas on the answer to that too?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can offer.

Doug

Re: BPEL routing

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/06, Doug Fischer <dg...@dfischer.com> wrote:
> I have setup three components:
>
> 1. An http:endpoint
> 2. An XsltComponent
> 3. A trace component
>
> All I did this for was to try to create a simple BPEL process to go from the
> the http endpoint to the xslt component to the trace component.  I am having
> trouble creating the .bpel file in order to do this.  I have been trying to
> go through the BPEL-BPE example but I cannot figure out where the .wsdl file
> come from and how to create this simple routing.

The WSDLs have been written by hand.
If your target jbi endpoints already have a WSDL description, you
should be able to retrieve it using a JMX console (see
http://servicemix.org/JMS+Console), else you will have to write them.

> Could someone please let me know how I can do this.  I am simply trying to
> come up with a simple BPEL example using the basic ServiceMix components.
>
> I was able to do this using the
> org.apache.servicemix.components.util.ChainedComponent however I am getting
> an ³illegal exchange status done² after the chain completes.  Anyone have
> any ideas on the answer to that too?

There are some knwon bugs in the ChainedComponent (mainly when dealing
with errors).
You should take a look at
http://servicemix.org/servicemix-eip#servicemix-eip-StaticRoutingSlip,
which offers the same function (but not bugged).

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet