Posted to general@xml.apache.org by ravish mody <ra...@oracle.com> on 2009/03/11 17:51:20 UTC

Is Crimson compatible with JDK 1.5?

Hi,

I want to know is Crimson compatible with JDK 1.5 or not?

Regards,
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/>
Ravish Mody | Support Engineer
Oracle Global Support
Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> 	 Oracle is
committed to developing practices and products that help protect the
environment

Re: Is Crimson compatible with JDK 1.5?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Crimson is retired and horribly outdated. If there's a task to move to
JDK 1.5 and your question pops up, I can only recommend to migrate to a
new XML parser (like Apache Xerces-J) if you have to interact directly
with a particular XML parser. Better is to rely just on the JAXP API if
that's possible.

On 11.03.2009 17:51:20 ravish mody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know is Crimson compatible with JDK 1.5 or not?
>
> Regards,
> Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/>
> Ravish Mody | Support Engineer
> Oracle Global Support
> Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> 	 Oracle is
> committed to developing practices and products that help protect the
> environment

Jeremias Maerki