Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/10/14 13:38:58 UTC

[HEADSUP] Renaming themes to themer before 15:30

Hi all,

I would like to rename themes to themer (see recent threads).

I now have an internet connection till 15:30 @work so I would like to do
it before then.

I will do a svn mv, so in theory your modification will not got lost.
The only thing is if you have *new* contracts not under svn control will
cause a conflict. So please svn add all stuff that it is important and
move all (? ...) out of the themes. Then you will not have problems.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [HEADSUP] Renaming themes to themer before 15:30

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> I did not get any answer on that, so I will do it later on offline.

Oh, i didn't realise that you were waiting on us.
You didn't ask any question.

-David

Re: [HEADSUP] Renaming themes to themer before 15:30

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El lun, 17-10-2005 a las 11:21 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
>
> >FYI I am (re)moving the themer into the structurer. I will commit the
> >last bit tomorrow. It would be save not to do any work on v2 meanwhile.
> >Thanks
> >

> Does that mean the Themer plugin will disapear soon ?

IMO yes, but I will make a proposal as soon I finished the v2 to a real
cleaned up point. I nearly have all pipelines from the themer in the
structurer (btw I have the feeling it makes v2 heaps faster having it
all in one plugin).

The idea is to bring back the same mechanism we had for skins (like
skin-descriptor, ...). I think to prevent confusion we should not use
the word skins but themes.

There is no need for contracts to be in a plugin. They can be
everywhere, as well apart from the forrest core or plugins.

I will hopefully finish this week the first preview version of v2 and we
can discuss the recent changes. Till then v2 will be totally rewritten.

salu2

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.