Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/30 19:41:22 UTC

Tapestry-4.1.2 Documentation Clarification ... please

Hi Folks,

I am trying to operate the index parameter as documented in the
contrib:table docs.

Can someone help clarify this for me?

Here is the documentary...

INDEX: If provided, the parameter is updated with the index of the loop on
each iteration.

Can someone elaborate on what the definition of 'If Provided" means?

So far I have tried this...

    MyTable.jwc
<inherited-binding name="index" parameter-name="index"/>

    MyTable.java
	@Parameter(required = false, cache = true)
	public abstract Object getIndex();
	public abstract void setIndex(Object index);

Then I tried this...

    MyTable.jwc
<inherited-binding name="index" parameter-name="index"/>
<binding name="index">index</binding>

    MyTable.java
	@Parameter(required = false, cache = true)
	public abstract Object getIndex();
	public abstract void setIndex(Object index);

I tried mixing/matching but still no luck.

If anyone could elaborate on this usage I would appreciate.

Best regards
Ken in nashua

Re: Tapestry-4.1.2 Documentation Clarification ... please

Posted by Marcus Schulte <et...@googlemail.com>.
2007/7/30, Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com>:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am trying to operate the index parameter as documented in the
> contrib:table docs.
>
> Can someone help clarify this for me?
>
> Here is the documentary...
>
> INDEX: If provided, the parameter is updated with the index of the loop on
> each iteration.
>
> Can someone elaborate on what the definition of 'If Provided" means?

it means "if the parameter is bound".
I cannnot comment on your example below, because I cannot see from it
what you're trying to achieve exactly.

> So far I have tried this...
>
>     MyTable.jwc
> <inherited-binding name="index" parameter-name="index"/>
>
>     MyTable.java
>         @Parameter(required = false, cache = true)
>         public abstract Object getIndex();
>         public abstract void setIndex(Object index);
>
> Then I tried this...
>
>     MyTable.jwc
> <inherited-binding name="index" parameter-name="index"/>
> <binding name="index">index</binding>
>
>     MyTable.java
>         @Parameter(required = false, cache = true)
>         public abstract Object getIndex();
>         public abstract void setIndex(Object index);
>
> I tried mixing/matching but still no luck.
>
> If anyone could elaborate on this usage I would appreciate.
>
> Best regards
> Ken in nashua

Marcus Schulte
http://marcus-schulte.blogspot.com