Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Baluta Vasile <ba...@yahoo.se> on 2014/07/07 11:46:49 UTC

Uppload war through manger fails

Anyone know how this can be resolved?

FAIL - Deploy Upload Failed, Exception: org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. /home/evasiba/apache-tomcat-7.0.53/work/Catalina/localhost/manager/upload_dd522257

BR
Vali

SV: Uppload war through manger fails

Posted by Baluta Vasile <ba...@yahoo.se>.
Ok, thanks. I will do that from now on.

BR
Vali

Den tisdag, 8 juli 2014 10:14 skrev Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks. I had to start Tomcat as root to be able to upload the war.

Running Tomcat as root is a bad idea.

Use chown and chmod utilities to change ownership and permissions on
your directories.

Re: Uppload war through manger fails

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baluta Vasile <ba...@yahoo.se>.

Den måndag, 7 juli 2014 17:37 skrev Daniel Mikusa <dm...@gopivotal.com>:

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:46 AM, Baluta Vasile <ba...@yahoo.se> wrote:

> Anyone know how this can be resolved?
>
> FAIL - Deploy Upload Failed, Exception:
> org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException:
> Processing of multipart/form-data request failed.
> /home/evasiba/apache-tomcat-7.0.53/work/Catalina/localhost/manager/upload_dd522257

Have you checked the logs for more details on this?  A full stack trace
would be more helpful.  Taking a guess, have you checked the file
permissions on your work directory?

Dan

Re: Uppload war through manger fails

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@gopivotal.com>.