Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org> on 2015/06/10 04:18:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta.

Full list of changes in this release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;hb=d1e10ceecba4f87f1e70bf02ec63094eef4f4bb3

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v0.10.0-beta:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=tree;h=b965da3a244806eb9bfd8d7d943f72891c362cbf;hb=d1e10ceecba4f87f1e70bf02ec63094eef4f4bb3

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~ptgoetz/apache-storm-0.10.0-beta-rc1/apache-storm-0.10.0-beta-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~ptgoetz/apache-storm-0.10.0-beta-rc1/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1017

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta
[ ]  0 No opinion

Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org>.
This vote is now closed and passes with 5 binding +1 votes, 1 non-binding +1 vote, and no -1 votes.

Vote tally (* indicates a binding vote):

Jungtaek Lim
Bobby Evans*
Kyle Nusbaum*
Kishorkumar Patil*
Sriharsha Chintalapani*
P. Taylor Goetz*

I will release the artifacts from staging and prep the announcement.

Thanks to all who voted, and congrats to everyone who contributed. This is an important release.

-Taylor

Posted by Sriharsha Chintalapani <ha...@fastmail.fm>.
+1 .
1) verified secure cluster and non-secure cluster
2) verified artifacts and keys

Thanks,
Harsha

On June 10, 2015 at 10:33:14 AM, Kishorkumar Patil (kpatil@yahoo-inc.com.invalid) wrote:

+1
-Kishor

On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:06 PM, Kyle Nusbaum <kn...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:

+1 -- Kyle

    On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:40 AM, Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:

+1 - Bobby

    On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:52 AM, 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

- test passed : OK
-- extract source tar
-- build via "mvn clean install”
- topology tests via storm-starter : OK
-- run WordCounts and RollingTopWords, local mode and remote mode
- test REST APIs (upload / activate / deactivate / kill) : OK
-- upload / activate / deactivate / rebalance / kill works fine
-- confirmed that STORM-853 was fixed
- kill topology and restart nimbus immediately : OK
-- confirmed that STORM-856 was fixed

Looks good overall.

Thanks!
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--
Name : 임 정택
Blog : http://www.heartsavior.net / http://dev.heartsavior.net

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 0.10.0-beta

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Kyle Nusbaum <kn...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 -- Kyle