Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by A Sunley <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/04 00:59:02 UTC

Axis2 Client Engage Module

Greetings Axis users,

We are accessing a web service from within a jsp/servlet webapp within a
Tomcat container, using Axis2-1.2. We also make use of the Rampart security
module.

I want to clarify how we should 'engage' module. At the moment we do this
for every request to the webservice using:

client.engageModule(new QName("rampart"));

Do we have to do this for each and every request or can we delpoy the module
once for the web application?

I am noticing that for each request the following is printed to the console:
"Deploying module: rampart-1.2". In addition the Tomcat/temp folder is
chocker full of "axis264rampart-1.2.mar" files (each with a different
number). The temp file is now approaching one gigabyte in size.

Is this normal behavior? I'm concerned that I might have not configured the
Axis2 client correctly and may potentially cause performance issues.

Is this that case?

Regards,
Alan.

Re: Axis2 Client Engage Module

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Try to globally engage the module (i.e. from axis2.xml).

Michele

Posted by A Sunley <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by A Sunley <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dimuthu,

By engaging the module with each request, do you think this represents any
significant difference in performance?

Regards,
Alan.

Posted by Dimuthu Leelarathne <mu...@apache.org>.