Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Michael Hoennig <mi...@hoennig.de> on 2010/04/12 09:27:32 UTC

Could not fully load class:

Dear OpenEJB experts,

I just installed OpenEJB to my developer instance of Apache Tomcat/6.0.26
using java-6-sun-1.6.0.15 on Ubuntu Linux 9.10 32bit.  One webapp which
did deploy fine, now does throw an exception:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Error deploying web application directory mypackage
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not fully load class:
net.javagil.mypackage.MyJSFControlerBean
due to:javax/persistence/TypedQuery in classLoader:
org.apache.openejb.core.TempClassLoader@5a8897
	at
org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.<init>(ClassFinder.java:177) at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.createInheritedClassFinder(AnnotationDeployer.java:3142)
at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:992)

There is no EJB annotation in this class at all.  There are JPA
Annotations (@Entity etc.) in classes used by that class though. Any idea
what the cause of this problem could be?

Thanks!
	Michael

--
Michael Hönnig|Gerichtstr. 39|D-22765 Hamburg|http://michael.hoennig.de
sip:1528574e0@sipgate.de | fon:040-22815360-0 | fax:040-22815360-9

Re: Could not fully load class:

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Michael,

Michael-511 wrote:

>> OpenEJB has a ManagedBean container built in.
>> It seems to me your are using a JSF ManagedBean. OpenEJB looks for JSF
>> @ManagedBean annotation.
>
> But the annotation is only available in JSF 2.0 not in 1.2 and thus I
> doubt I can still use Richfaces yet.  Does OpenEJB really require JSF 2.0
> and is incompatible even with a JSF 1.2 app which would not use OpenEJB
> but is deployed in the same Tomcat? ... No, I tried, it works fine with a
> normal JSF 1.2 controller bean, defined in faces-config.xml

Yep, JSF 1.x is also supported through the mandatory faces-config.xml.

Michael-511 wrote:

>> BTW, your are using JPA 2.0 which is actually not supported.
>> We have a JIRA for that.
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1236
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1236
>
> Ok, I went back to JPA 1.2.  My app now deployes fine.  That obviously
> was the problem.  For some strange reason a TypedQuery class was yet not
> found, I just rewrote the code to fix that problem.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!  My next step now will be to actually use
> OpenEJB - so far just OpenEJB and my all deploy in the same container.

Awesome!

Jean-Louis

Re: Could not fully load class:

Posted by Michael Hoennig <mi...@hoennig.de>.