Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Evan Hughes <eh...@texar.com> on 2001/08/08 22:55:48 UTC

and *

  I want to use wildcards in the <java/> block. Something like:

      <java classname="**TEST**" fork="yes">
          <classpath>
            <pathelement location="..."/>
          </classpath>
      </java>

 Is there a painless way of doing this?

RE: and *

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@texar.com>.
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > From: Evan Hughes [mailto:ehughes@texar.com]
> >
> >   I want to use wildcards in the <java/> block. Something like:
> >
> >       <java classname="**TEST**" fork="yes">
> >           <classpath>
> >             <pathelement location="..."/>
> >           </classpath>
> >       </java>
> >
> >  Is there a painless way of doing this?
> >

> No, not really and I'm not sure what you would expect it to do. What if
> there is more than one match?

   I want <java> to run for each match. I'm sticking a static class into
certain .java files that contains regression tests. When I build, I want
those tests to be automagically run. And I don't want to have to specify
the name/path of each test class.

   Can ant do this?

RE: and *

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
> From: Evan Hughes [mailto:ehughes@texar.com]
>
>   I want to use wildcards in the <java/> block. Something like:
>
>       <java classname="**TEST**" fork="yes">
>           <classpath>
>             <pathelement location="..."/>
>           </classpath>
>       </java>
>
>  Is there a painless way of doing this?

No, not really and I'm not sure what you would expect it to do. What if
there is more than one match?

Conor